Benefits of Membership
In becoming a member of Camden People First, you will have lots of opportunities, such as:
- You will be empowered to speak up for yourself and other people with learning difficulties.
- You will have the opportunity to work as a team and also to provide peer support.
- You will have the opportunity to learn new skills such as Direction skills - How to get to one place from another.
- Support on how to budget and use your money wisely.
You will also have the opportunity to be trained on the use of computer skills such as:
- Accessing the internet.
- Microsoft Publisher to design flyers, posters all in easy read with lot of pictures.
- Easy read PowerPoint presentation.
- You will be encouraged to build your confidence.
- You will be informed and updated on government policies on issues affecting people with learning difficulties.
You will have the opportunity to attends our regular monthly meetings where you can speak up for yourself.
You will have the opportunity to attend our regular focus group meeting where you can have the opportunity to talk to the police if you have been bullied.
As and officer, you will have the full right and say on how to run Camden People First.
If you would like to become a member of Camden People First, click the button below to download the membership form.
You will need to print it out, fill it in and post it to us at the address on the form or email it to us.
Alternatively, you can call our office on 020 7388 2007 and ask for a membership form.
Membership fee is only £1.00 a month.